The weeks that were:
* So it has been a while! After the crazyness of Wool week, I went slightly quieter than usual on here - however I was still busy, busy, busy. We took our Woolly wares out into the city for Teeny Tinny Shinies events at the Capitol building (12th Oct) and Lark Lane (23rd Oct) I love these events, both as a stall holder and a customer - they are really well curated and everyone is really friendly. The atmosphere is relaxed and bright and open, and the chocolate cake at Lark Lane is to die for! Sadly I won't be at the next few this year as we have diary clashes - but they are defiantly worth a visit!
* Our new breed yarns are in their new home at Cook & Foragers in Wigan - there is Jacob and Wensleydale at the moment, but there will be some new rare breed wools in the new year... So pop in and grab a woolly treat, and some gorgeous organic food while you are there!
* Yesterday was the 5th Burscough Fibre Festival and we had a great day! We met so many wonderful people, the other dyers, knitters, spinners, and wool shop owners were so friendly! I gabbed the ear off The Little Lancashire smallholding (a lesson in never mentioning pigs to me) and got to meet LazyKate Textiles (and get some lovely handspun minis for weaving). I also grabbed this beautiful project bag from Thorndolly - the details on it are amazing, look at the wavy stitching below! I also snapped up some shetland 4ply from The Good Wool Shop, for a new free pattern that will be arriving in the next few weeks. I also admired PookGB gorgeous gradient cakes... and think they will be making their way on to my Christmas list.
But my most treasured addition to my (rather large stash) is this huge 360g skein of Mohair from the Little Lancashire Smallholding... I've no idea what it will become for the moment I'm just enjoying cuddling it.
A massive thanks to Colin and Carole from The Wool Boat for a wonderful, friendly and relaxed day! It is my favourite fibre festival (as a vendor and customer) by far!
The week ahead:
* After a couple of days rest with my family, it will be back to planning and creating for the run up to Christmas - we have so many exciting things ahead.
* On friday, we will be releasing our adapted scarf version of the Fenella Shawl, perfect and quick to knit up in DK weight yarn!
* A lovely large order of sock weight bases is on the way and we will then be releasing Christmas gift packs and a new super limited edition miniskein themed set! Details are under wraps at the moment (though some people at Burscough know about it) and I can't wait to share them!