Weekly notes 7: Riding on a wave of excitement
* The PopUp Wool show was an amazing success - I cannot say it enough. We enjoyed every minute, it was great to meet so many new people (and some regular faces) and share our woolly wares. We made some great connections that will hopefully bring some exciting new projects to Ovis Yarns in the next year. For our first official wool show it was great and we hope to be able to return next year!
* I passed by driving test! May not seem terribly relevant to Ovis Yarns but at the moment we had been limited to Merseyside only events (where my supportive family could drive us) now the UK is our oyster! This was one of the reasons the PopUp Wool show is our only wool show this year. So hopefully the next year will bring exciting adventures further afield.
* I will be at Creation's event: Art at the Lakeside on Sunday with a range of yarns, weaving kits, weaves and crochet accessories.
* The NeNe Shawl will be professionally photographed ready for release on the 10th September at Artisans in the Park at Calderstones park in Liverpool.
* I will be dyeing two new bases: a DK British Jacob and a DK Wensleydale - they are so soft and beautiful, I love them in their natural form so I'm really excited to see how they take colour. These bases wont be available on line straight away, they'll be destined for a new Farm shop opening at Haigh Hall in Wigan - Cook & Foragers. It opens on the 9th September and I will also be creating some of their trademark Saddleback pigs in wool form.
* We've got a big shop update on Wednesday 24th August - including the new Oxygen series above - I had said the 23rd August on our newsletter - however I shall be picking up our new car so there will be a slight delay.