Weekly notes 8: Two rushed weeks and a Big Birthday Sale!
The previous two weeks:
* We have had a quiet two weeks here - after being at Creations: Art at the Lake - we indulged in some family time with the end of the summer holidays approaching. But we have been lining up some exciting new events, and can now confirm we will be at the Burscough Fibre Festival! We are really excited about this event and hope to see you all there...
* There have been a lot of deliveries to the studio - including a lot of Poppy sock (our 100% BFL 4ply high twist) and our two new bases: Jacob DK and Wensleydale DK - they take colour beautifully and have a very soft handle. A few months ago I posed the Merino Question here on the blog and on social media. It has taken a while but an answer has been found, and will be announced on the blog at a later date.
*The Big Birthday Sale was launched - all of our original repeatable colour ways are all reduced and less than £10 per skein. This is an absolute bargain and will run until the 5th October. Our official birthday is the 30th September and we will be having events across social media and our newsletter to celebrate. Sign up for our newsletter - here -
* We will be at the Artisans at Calderstone Park on Saturday 10th (note only the Saturday, not the Sunday) with our woolly wares. I've been to these events as a customer and they are well worth a visit, and the title "event" with music, tasty food, and lots of gorgeous handmade and high quality crafts on offer.
* Cook & Foragers open their farm shop on Friday 9th - we're really excited about this, and not just because you will eventually find our wool there. But the quality and range of food is great, and best of all its all local, organic, and all their meat is from ethical high welfare sources. We will be popping down on Friday and Sunday - quite honestly, we will be annoying them all the time (our wee one has a penchant for their veg!)
* Dyeing all the wool - dyeing season is upon us again, getting more winter/autumnal colours into play. More playing with the lovely new bases - this is just a sneaky peak!