Weekly notes: Week 1 - all about the mini skeins.
Today marks the start of what will become a weekly feature, a short blog post at the start of each week, recapping the highlights of the week that has been, and things to look forward to for the week ahead.
* The obsession with mini skein projects continues - I've finished a Woolly Wormhead scrapalong hat, which I love. I used our In Bloom colour way, along with some Countess Ablaze and Koigu scraps.
* I taught Mr Ovis Yarns (who normally only deals with the book keeping and accounting side of the business) to dye, he created some beautiful colours inspired by mythical creatures, on a new Alpaca/Wool 4ply base.
* I cast-on a one skein beanie hat design that I hope to have ready for release at the Pop Up Wool show. It's a Ooak colour way on our Poppy Roving base.
The week ahead:
* More mini skeins - this time a limited run of Firefly themed mini skein sets, featuring all 6 colours of our popular themed release last month.
* The Creative Studio in Southport will be getting some new Ovis Yarns stock towards the end of the week - our new Alpaca 4ply, some more In Bloom BFL sock yarn, and some weaving kits.
* Lots more dyeing, finalising the next themed release, due to land on 1st August 2016.